Even if your phone looks clean, trust us, it's NOT. Read below to learn more about the dangers that lie on your device and how to keep a clean phone screen.
In the last decade alone, thanks to a vast increase in mobile data speed and availability coupled with an explosion of apps and programs, the smartphone has evolved beyond simple conversation and web browsing. Our business and personal culture has shifted into a multi-task environment with the smartphone at its core. From work emails to social media and online shopping, the need to be connected has vaulted the smartphone to a digital personal assistant- one that is accessed thousands of times daily.
One study suggests that we touch our phones 2600+ times per day, while another has this number MUCH higher at 5400. Either way you slice it, anywhere we go, the phone is not far away. Every new location and each of the thousands of daily touches add another opportunity to increase the amount of bacteria and germs on your phone. It is no surprise that research indicates our phone screens are 10x dirtier than a toilet seat. So, how can we change/reduce this?
Limit the germs on your phone
- Maintain a clean environment for your phone at home by regularly cleaning your counters/tables/surfaces with antibacterial cleaner. If your phone is constantly tossed into a purse or bag, make sure the interior is emptied weekly, quickly sprayed with Lysol (or equivalent) and wiped down.
- Avoid using your phone in the bathroom and don’t place it on a sink or other bathroom surface while you’re in there.
- It sounds obvious to wash your hands regularly, but honestly how often do we really wash our hands unless we need to? By sticking to a regular schedule of hand-washing throughout the day, you can reduce the amount of germs you transmit to your phone.
- Absolutely clean your phone regularly, especially after letting your children use it. A wet tissue or towel is a good start, but using a formulated solution or wet wipe is best. The Tech Armor Cleaning Kit provides a variety of tools to make sure you keep your phone cleaned at home and on the go.
Limit the exposure to your phone
Anytime you touch your phone, whether to your face (while talking) or simply touching the screen, you are allowing germs and bacteria to access your system. However, recent technology makes it possible for us to access and use our devices with limited tactile input.
Unlocking your phone
Obviously it’s important to keep your phone locked to keep sensitive information from falling into the wrong hands. However, each time you unlock it with a long, complicated code you pick up the germs on its surface. Using Face Unlock on certain Android phones or Iris scanner on the new Samsung Galaxy S8 will eliminate this exchange. Even Touch ID on Apple iPhones/iPads reduce the contact to one, simple touch.
Talking/texting on your phone
Using headphones or a bluetooth headset to talk on your phone will eliminate direct exposure to your face, while the latest voice recognition apps can easily create texts/emails with limited touches.
Using inherent software like Siri on the Apple iPhone or the newly-launched Bixby on the Samsung Galaxy S8, we can also access a wealth of information without a single touch.
More about the Tech Armor Complete Cleaning Kit
The Tech Armor Cleaning Kit uses TechClean Purify Go products for maximum care of laptops, tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices! The Purify Go formula cleans your screen, while providing a lasting, clear coat finish that makes your device screen smoother to the touch.
Both Alcohol and Ammonia Free, our formula is safe for all high-tech device screens and works with all Tech Armor Screen Protectors. TechClean Device Cleaning Wipes are pre-moistened tissues designed for people on the go. The Tech Armor Cleaning Kit washes away harmful germs and bacteria to keep your devices as safe as possible. In addition to keeping your personal phone germ-free, this kit is excellent for:
- Children's tablets / readers
- Portable gaming devices (like the new Nintendo Switch)
- Laptop screens, keyboards and trackpads
- and MANY more!