How to Install
Tech Armor Installation Videos
Please Note: The second video, titled "Ballistic Glass Installation Video," indicates at the 1:08 - 1:13 time marker that there is a protective layer on the non-adhesive side of the Ballistic Glass Screen Protector. Our NEW Ballistic Glass Screen Protectors do NOT require two layers so please ignore this 1st step. You should only peel off one protective layer just before applying it to your device.
Screen Protector Installation Visual Tips
Screen Protector Install: Step-By-Step
STOP, before moving to step 1. Please watch the installation video, above.
1. Wash & Dry Your Hands;
2. Clean Your Screen. Use the provided microfiber cloth, then use the dust removal tape;
3. Peel Back Protective Film #1. Peel back the film w/ the Green Sticker one inch to expose the adhesive side of the screen protector. (Do not touch the adhesive side)
4. Align Screen Protector. Line up the bottom or long edge of the screen protector and begin to apply. Be as precise as possible;
5. Apply The Screen Protector. Slowly roll the screen protector down the delve, while peeling back the protective film;
6. Smooth Out Bubbles. Remove remaining bubbles using the smoothing card (or credit card) wrapped in the microfiber cloth. Start from the center and push bubbles outward;
If the Screen Protector you purchased has a RED 2nd Tab go to Step 7. If it does not, skip to Step 8
7. Peel Back Protective Film #2. Slowly peel back the film with the Red Sticker. Use your free hand to hold down the Screen Protector below against your phone or tablet while removing the protective layer;
8. Final Polish. Use the microfiber cloth to clean your screen and now you are protected!
Tech Armor products include detailed instructions on how to apply the screen protector with no bubbles but in case any residual bubbles remain. Please stop the installation and follow the steps, below, to identify the types of bubbles, then remove them for a flawless installation.
How to Identify and Remove Dust & Lint Bubbles
- Bubbles can be a result of air, dust or lint trapped between the display and screen protector.
- Air Bubbles can easily be pushed out using the squeegee provided.
- Dust and/or lint bubbles can be identifiable by dark spots inside the bubble.
- After identifying a Dust and/or lint bubble/s, you will need transparent tape (we recommend using branded version (such as Scotch tape) to remove dust from your screen protector. It will be less likely that you will experience issues with removal process. (Glue from the tape will stick on the protector or your device; do not use commercial grade tape such as duct or gorilla tape).
- Cut a few two inch strips of the transparent tape. Adhere one strip to the edge nearest the dust/lint bubble and carefully lift the screen protector to expose the adhesive side of the screen with the bubble/s. Then use the second strip of tape to softly dab the adhesive side of the transparent tape to remove the dust or lint from the screen protector.
- Be patient and repeat this process as many times as necessary to remove all bubbles. (Use care and do not touch the adhesive side of the screen protector with your finger. This can cause blurring on the protector).
- Gently lay the screen protector back down on the display and remove the transparent tape.
- Smooth any remaining bubble with squeegee to complete the installation.
- Clean the screen one last time with micro-fiber cloth to complete the installation process.