Air bubbles can easily be removed with the included squeegee. However for dust or lint bubbles (which can be identified by a dark spot or small hair inside the bubble) you need to gently peel back the screen protector using scotch tape, and then with a second piece of tape pull the dust from the screen or from the sticky side of the screen protector.
The video above titled: "Tech Armor Bubble Removal Tip" demonstrates this approach.
We recommend that you watch our install videos above to get the perfect installation. You can also read our pro tips, below:
- Wash your hands thoroughly to lessen the chance of fingerprints on the protector or screen.
- Clean the screen of your device with the included lint free cloth. It is really important for the screen to make proper adhesion to the screen.
- Peel back 2 inches of the protective layer with the "START (1)" sticker attached. This is the adhesive side of your screen protector and should be facing the phone screen.
- Line up the bottom edge of the screen protector (for smartphones) or the long edge (for tablets/larger devices), and apply the adhesive side to the screen. Slowly roll the screen protector down or across the device while removing the protective layer. Discard the protective layer with the "START (1)" Sticker.
- Carefully purge the remaining bubbles using the included Tech Armor squeegee. For screen protectors with only one "START (1)" sticker and protective layer, you can wrap your squeegee in the lint free cloth to prevent scratching your new screen protector.
- For screen protectors with a second protective layer and attached "FINISH (2)" sticker, carefully remove the entire protective sheet and attached "FINISH (2)" sticker (be careful not to remove the screen protector you just applied). Note: The protective sheet is much thicker than a screen protector.
- Polish the screen protector with the lint free cloth and you are good to go!
No problem! We've provided downloadable PDF files for you here:
- How to install your New Tech Armor Ballistic Glass (Without Tray) screen protector.
- How to install your New Tech Armor Ballistic Glass (With Tray) screen protector.
- How to install your New Tech Armor Ballistic Glass (With Fingerprint Sensor) screen protector.
- How to install your New Tech Armor HD Clear Film screen protector.
Your best bet is to find a bathroom and run the shower or sink to create some steam. This will get you the dust free environment you are looking for!
First off, don't worry about a thing, because once you purchase from Tech Armor, you are protected under our Lifetime Replacement Warranty! Fill out the form on our Replacements page and we'll send along your replacement screen.
To remove your screen protector simply lift up with your fingernail. This will lift the screen up and you can gently peel it back. (DO NOT use anything metal like a coin or knife as this could scratch your device screen- also be careful with certain credit cards that have metal foils or chips as these may also scratch the screen). You can clean your device screen with a good gel cleaner and then install a new screen protector.
NOTE: Our Ballistic Glass screen protectors may crack upon removal, but we have engineered them with a protective film layer to make sure all of the tempered glass stays on the product during removal.